1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Show off your grills/BBQ

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jim, Apr 10, 2014.

1. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

I just have a 22.5 inch Weber Gold One-Touch, and I've found it to be one of the best wedding presents I received. I've done a lot of smoking in it, and while it's not optimal for that, it does a great job if you pay attention to it. Someday I'll have a dedicated smoker again (I had one a while back at another apartment, which my landlord bought from me, as I didn't really have a place for it), but this works just fine for me. My next step is to get (or maybe make clone of) a pizza kettle.

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Having left Weber (I don't know why) for a series or disappointing gas grills, I have returned to the fold. Had it for a couple weeks and have used it 6 or 7 times. Yesterday i did an 8 pound pork butt in it using the rub Jim shared in the thin blue thread of tastiness thread. Grumblings at it taking 6 hours instead of my calculated 5 were replace with compliments. (thanks Jim)
    weber gold1.jpg

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks. I considered one of those or something similar before deciding on the old standby Weber.

4. gunnerjohn

gunnerjohn Founding Member

Ok, one picture of the Traeger commercial civil war pellet grill and a picture of my new firepit daytime and night 2409.jpg 2433.jpg 2438.jpg

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

6. I just got one a couple of weeks ago so I thieved the pic from walmart. It's a char broil infrared. I've only got to use it twice because it's windy damn near every day here but it cooked up two 1" thick rib eyes to med in about 6 min. With the wind blowing at 15mph. Chicken breasts got over cooked at 8min. Hot dogs take about 2 min for a nice char. I like mine burnt lol

image.jpg

7. Pic from lastnight bbq :)
    [​IMG]

8. gunnerjohn

The firepit started out as a 1946 250gallon propane sphere. It's 48" in diameter. The blank sphere was a gift from a buddy of mine after they demo'd an old house he owned. I sat down with a western metal artist friend of mine and designed the layout of the pit. Since it was 5/16" thick, his plasma cutter would have been a waste of time so the whole thing is torch cut. The horses and people are cut from separate 10ga plate. It is fed by a 1" natural gas line to a 12" stainless steel burner. The burner sounds like a jet engine with the valve open full so what you see in the pictures is only half open. If anyone knows of another supply of these sphere tanks, my artist friend would like some more for future projects.

9. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

John we are going to have to see some more photos of that BBQ in action you know. :eek:uch

10. Toothpick

I'm a horse lover and Western guy at heart so the design really appeals to me. If I knew of a sphere tank somewhere I'd snatch it up.
    I think it's a fantastic work of art!

11. gunnerjohn

Thank you. I wish the pictures actually gave it justice. Friends that have been over have commented that if it wasn't so heavy, they'd be tempted to see if would fit in their yard.

12. Toothpick

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Looks like a nice rig Jason. Is the fit tight enough to shut it down if you want to close all the vents?

14. Toothpick

I don't think so. Although I let someone else do the cooking. It was a floor model. I would have preferred a webber but the deal was pretty good on this one at Wally World. It cooked up a mean burger. Also some sausages and chicken.

15. Andy

Andy Founding Member

Some great looking rigs here!

Will have to post mine with I get home.

16. Jim

17. Toothpick

Slow cooking a pork butt or shoulder sounds right up my alley.

18. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

10502166_10152501556773164_305754352483709968_n.jpg

My Father's Day gift from last month. I'm loving it. Charcoal on the right side, propane on the left. This is the first charcoal grill I have ever owned. I've been working it hard since I got it.

19. Toothpick

Holy Moly! very nice gift!

20. Jim