1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Show of your knife storage!

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by villewonka, May 25, 2016.

1. You all got some fancy knives, how do you store them? On the wall? In a Ikea knife block(like me)?

PS! No you can't have my chocolate!

2. I store most of mine like this :p

DSC_2235.JPG

3. IKEA knife blocks for me, as well.... three of them, actually ...

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk

4. Ikea 4 life! :D

5. That looks dangerous to me What if someone falls!?

6. Haha, can't ever get enough of knives!

7. Yeah...but there is not gonna be a fourth...wife was very explicit about that .

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk

8. Home made 1.3 metre mag rack, plus 2 x 40cm home made mag racks.

[​IMG]

There's a 'few' more knives now

9. Kev, the 3m tabs do s good job of holding it up?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. No probs yet Alex.
    It's been about a year for that particular rack.

11. MattS

MattS Founding Member

That mag rack is nice. I just use a normal block, I think its a Shun block at home.

For travel and long term storage I use a Boyt hard case:
    [​IMG]

I was afraid there would be moisture issues but so far out of the knives that have been in there more than a year, there have been no issues.

12. We just moved and I went from cheap mag strips (for my not mass produced knives) to some discounted IKEA bent bamboo things with magnets in them that we shall see how they work. I'll try to post pics once we get the kitchen all truly settled in; hoping to find a piece to use as an island/cutting block station at the re-sale shop today...

13. Screenshot_20160601-223108_1.jpg

Look what i found! I like it, what do you guys and girls think? (for sale on a Swedish knife store)

14. Ummmm, it only holds onr knife.... what about the rest

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. Would be worried about how secure the knife is and the exposed blade.
    In our kitchen, the knife would likely get knocked about and there'd be cuts from that blade.

16. Yeah, that's true.

17. I've been thinking about it... what would you guys think would be ideal, in terms of design, for a way to store and display a half-dozen or more 240s? After I move I might have a friend try knocking together something for me, but I didn't want to make any stupid mistakes in design that people already knew about.

18. That's brilliant.

I think I'll copy it.

19. Yea simple things does it

I posted that to IG as a reply to a question, no tags, and it got it's own life of like 500 likes :s