1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Settling In...

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by mr drinky, Mar 3, 2014.

1. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

photo-27.JPG photo 2-5.JPG I just moved to a new place in the Minneapolis area. I am working through some minor renovations and unpacking boxes, but things are finally feeling like home.

Here is a pic of my new living room and bedroom. Sorry for not making the bed.

k.

2. gavination

gavination Founding Member

I'm really offended that the bed is a mess. :(

Great looking place though!

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Looks likes a nice place! I really like the living room and couch.
    I can't remember the last time I made my bed. I get out and that's that.

4. Crothcipt

Crothcipt Founding Member

Is this the place you posted on the other place that looked like it was right out of better homes and garden? Gratz on the move....

5. mr drinky

Nope. That place fell through. The seller was diagnosed with a terminal illness and ended up dying a month later and the wife didn't want to sell any longer. It is actually just 4 blocks away from that place, but I think this one will work out better in the long run. It doesn't have the funky cool details, but probably works better for the family.

k.

6. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

You're bedroom has the biggest Shimeji mushroom I have ever seen in the world

7. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

8. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

:thx

9. mr drinky

Interesting story. I got that lamp at a restaurant auction where the business went bankrupt. They had some online auction and my wife and I liked the lamp (because we used to drink at the bar and it was nearby and thought it interesting). So I picked it up for around $350. It turns out it is some crushed silk, art lamp from Israel that runs around 6k. Good pick up I guess.

http://aquagallery.com/category/column-1/lighting/collection/morning-glory/

k.

10. mr drinky

….and for the kitchen, it is a squeeze, but I think I am going to manage. It is also a mess right now and a painter is coming in tomorrow to patch up some holes and fix some things. I converted all the lights to LEDs a couple of days ago. That was my part. Those Cree retrofit kits are pretty cheap now and it is easy to switch out.

k.

11. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Hmm stalling on the pics eh? The LED s are going to be the way to go moving ahead. When the emitters get below the 15.00 price it's going to be hard to resist. The neat thing is you could run all the homes lighting on 12 to 24 volt dc. The big draw of that would be a couple of batteries and a solar panel could light a whole house and an LEDTv

12. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

The lamp looks like some kind of large carnivorous plant to me.
    It would give me scary dreams.

13. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Who would have thought one could throw a piece of silk over some wire a sell it for 6k...

Also who would have thought a restaurant dropping 6k on one lamp would go out of business....so many restaurateurs so few businessmen...