1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Schick Injector razors, can they be saved?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Toothpick, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Here's what happened.....

I bought 3 Schick Injector razors. I wanted to clean them reallllyyy good. So I kind of sort of pried them apart to get the bottom cap off (where the blade injects). Well I thought I was doing good until trying to put them back together....

I got them together, but now the 'injector' aspect is too loose to hold a blade. The bottom cap jiggles around and despite me taking pliers to them and squeezing they won't get tighter.

So...I'm wondering with all the metal workers we got here if this is something that can be fixed with a little heat treatment and metal working? Or heck, maybe even welding?

Oh yeah, I also pulled the head off. So let's say they can be fixed, my next thought is how cool would it be to make a couple or three custom handles for them, metal or wood.

The arrow points to the piece that is loose. It needs to be TIGHT with the top piece so when you insert the key and slide a blade though it will hold the blade tightly in place so you can shave.
    FullSizeRender(2).jpg

This arrow points to a piece that comes out. So there would be 3 metal pieces once it's all taken apart. It looks like this is the piece that pushes the above piece in to the top of the razor to hold the blade.
    But heck, what do I know...I just like to pry things apart.
    FullSizeRender(1).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

So what do ya'll metal experts think? Is it a job that can be done?

2. Toothpick

3. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

At least it wasn't an adjustable M...

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. Toothpick