1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Roast storage and recipes

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Rami, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Well. I have my sons christening coming up in Jan, God willing. I am thinking to do some slow cooked Greek lamb roast ( about 10 legs). As I would be very busy on the day what is the possibility of doing them beforehand and reheating in the community hall? Would they keep and how do I store them, and for how long. Any recipes?
    Should I brine?

2. Nothing?

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

What are your reheating options? Microwave? crockpot?

If you cook them the day/night before and keep them refrigerated you should have no issues with reheating and serving the next day. Personlly I wouldn't cook them any longer than 24 hours beforehand.

I would think a slow cooker would be best for slowly reheating, as opposed to a microwave.

Sorry I can't help you with the brine.

4. Microwave, oven and stovetop.

5. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

That better be one big slow cooker (or microwave) if it's going to fit 10 lamb legs.

6. Toothpick

I would reheat in the oven. At a low temp and slowly reheat.

I'm no expert at this but you don't want to cook it again so to speak. You just want to warm it up. Maybe set the oven at 200 and let it go for an hour or so.
    some ovens even have a warming option, or re-heat option.

7. 200 F or C

8. Toothpick