1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Rinkaku

Discussion in 'Japanese Knife Imports' started by JBroida, May 25, 2016.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

We've had a lot of demand for butchery knives lately. For a while, we've had a series that we carried in store only, but the fit and finish wasnt great, so i re-finished every knife we sold (which, as you can imagine, was time consuming and labor intensive...we reshaped the handles, buffed, and polished them, and sharpened them). On the plus side, they were made of a steel which was exclusive to that maker and truly excellent. This got us thinking... with the relationships we already have with makers in Japan, maybe we could just have some made that already featured all of the work i was doing. So, we had Rinkaku made. They have excellent fit and finish... great grind, eased and polished spines and choils, well finished handles, and excellent steel. We also wanted to make sure we had some reasonable priced left handed ones in the same series. Anyways, they just came in and went up on the site earlier today.

https://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/collections/rinkaku

[​IMG]

2. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

I know these :D

I'll take one of each....

3. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I like some... need to be working with meat more to justify them. Well, working with primal or larger again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk