1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

repair work

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Mar 3, 2017.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

jsut a quick blade fix up
    16904689_1857094687895539_4771099407962332089_o.jpg 16991555_1857094774562197_9083886976592798577_o.jpg DSC09086sm.jpg

2. Great! Now it's a K-tip. One question Butch, how do you take the western handle with pins out without breaking it? Or did you make a new one altogether?

3. butch

butch Founding Member

because i use pins and not stepped or domed screws i can center punch the pin and with a pin driver carefuly drive the pins out most the time i cna get them out ok ) then i have to hammer the scales off cause of the epoxy dependingon the wood and how much side load i have to put on the scales. scales on this one jsut were not good to be reused so the walnut burl is gone in place now is cocobolo. my WA handles on the other hand must be sawed off and are completely trash once removed

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Man, wonder what the story was on that one. big ole bite out of the blade and an inch of the tip chunked off.

5. Isn't it obvious? That was Narsil, the blade used to chop Sauron's hand. And the refinished job is Andúril.

PS: Lord of the Rings reference :argo

6. butch

butch Founding Member

story goes a bit liek this
    ex kept my knife i need a new one (bbought a new chefs knife) few weeks later EX returns knife (can you fix it at all or is it a lost cause). told her i woudl see what i could do and it woudl be a smaller knife but a good knife non the less. both are knife people so i can olny guess a bit of spite was involved
    ether way now owner has a chef and now utility knife "set"