1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Range Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by eightysixCJ, Jul 11, 2018.

1. eightysixCJ

eightysixCJ Founding Member

Hello all. I'm in the market for a new range. Natural gas and looking to upgrade to a 36" from 30". The high end ranges are out of my budget and it seems the mid price ranges have limited burners. I'd like six 15k+ burners but most have one high burner, two mid burners, one simmer burner, and an oval 10k burner for a griddle. I'd rather have one high or dual burner in the middle for a big pot etc. Any recommendations?

I could make my budget work a 36" Blue Star. With open burners looks like nice option. Anyone have experience with Blue Star?

Thanks,

Tom

2. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Bluestar here. Had it for over 10 years now. Very happy with it. All I had to do until this past year was replace a couple of $15 igniters. About 6 months ago I had to replace the spark module, which was not uncommon as the supplier a decade ago had a lot of failed modules (and not just on Bluestars; they supplied Viking and some others as well). My sister and brother-in-law replaced their Viking with a Bluestar 7-8 years ago and have not had a single issue with it. The burners kick ass...

3. eightysixCJ

Sound great! Thanks. Do you have the open or sealed burners?

Tom

4. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

5. eightysixCJ

Cool. Thanks

Tom