1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Project - Obachan's Knife

Discussion in 'Handiwork Display' started by Jim, Feb 20, 2014.

1. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Really impressive work, that's a great story!

2. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Great work, and a great story! Love seeing this type of stuff. Thank you for sharing!

3. Sullybob

Sullybob Founding Member

Incredible work Jim.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Ronnie
    I was hoping the story did not end now and that you'd share your impressions with us and maybe some money shots. I love the look of the Deba, but wonder how useful I would find one. I have read they are for fish work, and all the knives I've used for fish in the past, western designs for sure, have been quite thin and flexible.

5. Ronnie Aloha

Ronnie Aloha Founding Member

Mike will do once ir arrives.

6. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

Beatiful work, Jim. Congrats, Ronnie!

7. Gruder

Gruder 12.8 % more fun Founding Member

What a truly wonderful project (and thread), start to finish.

8. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

9. jzuzphreek

jzuzphreek Founding Member

Jim, I'm just catching up on this thread. What incredible work! It's really inspiring to see something given a second life like that. I'm looking around for some heirlooms now to send your way.

10. Jim

11. Ronnie Aloha

Sorry but I finally got the photos of Obachan. The black and white one was probably when she was using this knife daily. The birthday photo was probably from her mid to late 80's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Ronnie
    Great photos. thanks. How's the knife doing?

13. Jim

14. Ronnie Aloha

Jim and Mike,

The knife is working great! Its funny because I'm so careful with it but its the most robust knife I own by far!

Jim, again, I don't know if I could ever repay you for your dedication to Obachan's knife. I"m sure she is smiling whenever I use it!

15. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Ditto, Warren. What a truly moving story!!! Great job, Jim..... KNIFE NUTZ RULE!!! :like :jump :cool1