1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pressure Cooking Inspiration

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by mr drinky, Apr 8, 2014.

1. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

I got a pressure cooker about a year and half ago, and it took me almost a year to use it. My bad. Since then, I have started to use it more and more and I love it. What a tool.

This week I am doing some Moroccan lamb tajine.

Give me some inspiration pleaseā€¦there must be some heavy pressure cooker users out there.

k.

Btw, I also got an isi whip. We got a $200 gift certificate to Williams-Sonoma when my wife left her job, so I got a whip (and composting container). Any whip inspiration would also be appreciated.

2. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

I'll kick it off...you probably already saw these pics elsewhere...but damn, carnitas on the plate in an hour!?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Drinky rock a really tough piece of meat: shanks come to mind. The other day I did some really meaty shanks from fresh hams. I cured them in a brine for a day. Removed and let dry open in refrigerator for a day. Then made a spicy Thai braise. I've found best to pressure cook 45 min, quick cool, when room temp, remove to container, cool completely the cooked shanks covered sauce refrigerate for day. Next day to an over proof vessel, add cooled shanks with enough sauce to come 1/2 way to a 350 degree oven until internal temp is 155 degrees. Serve with sticky rice

4. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

Thanks for input. I almost bought some lamb shanks just the other day. And that carnets looks amazing. I happen to live right next to West St. Paul, which is a historically hispanic area. I think I might round up some good fresh tortilla and take that one for a ride.

As for me, tonight I cooked a Moroccan Lamb Tajine using lamb shoulder chops. It came out so GD good. Here is the recipe is used for the most part.

http://www.hippressurecooking.com/pressure-cooker-moroccan-lamb-tajine/

Next I am going to try make some stock under pressure. I saved the lamb bones, so maybe some lamb stock is in order and a risotto.

karring