1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me with romantic dinner.

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by BathonUk, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

:D

2. Thanks Neil for two delicious recipes and a quick lesson on serving tasty fresh lobster. My only comment is REMOVE THE RUBBER BANDS prior to cooking.

I was out your way Lenox, MA a few weeks ago, thought about reaching out but was just a long weekend.

3. Op is no where to be found so I assume everything went well;)

4. BathonUk

BathonUk Founding Member

Hello there:D

I am back:D I would like to thank you all guys for all tips. Everything went good. It wasn't super romantic but after 7 years It doesn't have to be as on the first date, right? I think that all of you are waiting for the pictures, so there you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So from 1kg crab I had only 204g of meat. I watched movies on youtube how to prepare crab but when I opened it and removed dead man fingers, I saw some green stuff. I thought that there will be more brown meat.

[​IMG]
    This is my starter. Cooked lobster. I think that it wasn't bad but I am not sure that I will buy it again. It is too expensive and I think that crab meat is better. Unfortunately my lobster was almost or already dead when I bought him. They said that new delivery on fish market is on Tuesday but it was too late.
    [​IMG]

Together with lobster I had this very nice salad. Mix of salads, pears, green grapes, selery sticks, walnuts, walnuts oil, lemon juice and orange juice.

[​IMG]
    Home made 1000 islands sauce. Much better that sauce in the bottle.

[​IMG]
    Also we had nice wine. New zealand, The kauri tree, sauvignon blanc
    [​IMG]
    Main meal: Pasta with crab meat, garlic, chilli, fresh parsley and my white wine. It was delicious.
    [​IMG]
    And dessert. Panna cotta with strawberry coulis.
    [​IMG]

I really enjoy that. I should have taken picture of all dishes to wash after cooking:D hehe.

Thank you so much again. Special thanks goes to Andrey Vasilyuk. He know why:D

5. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

I think you pulled it off quite nicely. Nice.

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Nicely done!! :)

8. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Nicely done!