1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Yeah the size is awesome, I was really pleased to see it was oversized. I had a kitaeji, not for me. I like my knives without any fancy dressing, and not too pretty to use! The Kasumi finish and basic ho handle are perfect for me.

2. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Generally I am not an impulse buyer and don't usually post my knives...but had to have this one and had to show it:

New Forgecraft:

[​IMG]

3. Huw

Huw Founding Member

Oh really? 2 of my most ogled knives ever are your DT san mai Gyuto & your Rader slicer!!!
    Nice pick up by the way

4. Just got in the gyuto San Mai the honyaki petty and the KU honesuki from Mert. 20160609_222545.jpg

5. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

6. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

He has 2 more on their way Rick

7. Rick

8. HOLY FREAKING MOLY Sam that is quite the collection of Merts!

9. V1P

V1P Founding Member

Cheeky, you're my knut idol! Very nice collection there.

10. Thanks guys! @V1P I learned it from you.

11. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Love it Matt. wish they would have put the brick wall on it, but you can't have everything

12. Is this the original company or did someone acquire the name?

13. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Someone aquired the name. Really very little if any similarity to the original Forgecraft. This new version is a high end J knife stamped with the Forgecraft logo. The knife is very well made.

14. That's what u thought. People have been modding forgies into WA handles with more classic gyuto profiles for years. Now someone decided to create a business producing something similar minus the brick wall. I wonder who is doing this, hopefully a real knife Knerd. :jump

15. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

http://www.forgecraft.co/pages/about-us

They seem to be. Read the FAQ. It's humorous.

16. These guys are hilarious! They hit all the right points. I love this one from their FAQ:

IS IT TRUE YOU’LL TRACK ME DOWN IF I PUT THIS KNIFE IN THE DISHWASHER
    Yes. We totally will. We will show up at your house and berate you. We will call you names. We will tell your neighbours how careless you are. If you can’t wash it by hand and keep it dry, don’t buy one. There aren’t a lot of these being made, we want them going to people that will care for them.

17. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I like their site and what they are trying to do. I would get one but I need another 240-250 like I need more hair on my back...

They also said if they it picks up and they do more runs they will put the brick pattern on the sides.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

18. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Wow and I have a slot that should have a 240 in it

19. Rick

Catcheside 22 cm 1.2442 san mai gyuto

Stabilized alder burl and koa front and back, with brass ferrule and end cap.

IMG_6387.jpg

IMG_6388.jpg

IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6395.jpg

Will's description:
    Length blade - 220mm
    height - 48mm
    Thickness entering handle - 5.3mm
    Thickness spine over heel - 4.3mm
    Thickness spine 10mm from tip 1.2mm
    All forged taper and geometry, the forging is slightly asymmetrical right hand bias, release is slightly more to the right, works so very nicely ground and hand /stone finished compound bevel.
    1.2442 core knocking on the door of 66 hrc.....Cuts like a delicate beast, zero flex and falls through everything with a very nice sensation of RH biased release.