1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Thank you @Cheeks1989
    I can't wait to properly test these bad boys. The excitement and anticipation is palpable.

2. @FinnEdge you'll have to let me know how Cris's Wa tapered handles are

3. We are most fortunate to be able to partake in such wondrous joys. That extends to all of our custom makers :cool1

4. Congrats on that beauty!! @Cheeks1989
    More fantastic work from Mert :cool1

5. V1P

V1P Founding Member

Cheeky and FinnEdge on a buying spree, so jealous.Congrats on the beauties, guys.

6. Thanks Ferry!

7. +1

8. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Yeah you guys scored some real beauties there.

9. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Mert Tansu 52100 carbon 230mm gyuto wearing ringed gidgee. I got this a little while back, but was so excited I forgot that I had taken a snapshot of it when still new. Just found this pic today.

Mert is another gentleman, and a great pleasure dealing with.

[​IMG]

10. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Nice Marc! Mert is a class act. His knives are something else. No doubt you're loving this one

11. Mrmnms

This Wilburn Forge is new to me. A little over 180 mm. The finish is near flawless. I think it's beautiful but understated. I used it briefly and then put it away, thinking it could a little time on stones. I spent maybe 5 minutes on it and tried it again today. I almost chuckled when I did image.jpeg image.jpeg . Took a screaming edge . Master Bladesmith alright. I hope to see more of Aaron here .

12. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Like that Wilburn! Mert's knife is not half bad, either.

13. Aaron's work is absolutely beautiful.

14. Mrmnms

Great size for home use, close quarters

15. 180mm is just peeerfect size :)
    Mike can you tell us a bit more about the grind that Aaron used. Midblade convex on both sides?

16. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Couple of REAL beauties there Marc & Mike! :cool: