1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Chop

Chop Founding Member

So far, I'm liking it. I've been a carbon guy for years, but have been turned on to stainless with the likes of cts-xhp or aeb-l. This Niolox is pretty similar. The lefty grind is outstanding. Also, hos handles are top notch, up there with DT, and Mike Henry.

2. gunnerjohn

gunnerjohn Founding Member

My most recent purchase is one from Croatian Maker Karlo Ban. His San Mai with iron sides and silver steel core. It's very well balanced and very comfortable. Still playing around with it so I don't have a complete review ready for it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

This is yours? How many Raders does one guy need? Haha. Michael was teasing me with that pic last week (or was it two weeks ago, now?). Man, I want mine to come. He sent me another teaser, so I'll share it here. APPARENTLY, mine will be finished up today, or tomorrow. In all honesty, I'm amazed at how quickly he works.

[​IMG]

4. gavination

gavination Founding Member

I wish I would've known about these!! Do you know how many he made Tom?

5. cclin

cclin Founding Member

Tom, congratulation! you got what you wanted. very beautiful handle!

6. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

One. :D

7. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Thanks, Charles! I'm more than a little excited. You know how that feels, though, of course.

8. gavination

Haha I misunderstood. I thought you and Matt got the same knife, but you were showing off your Raders. Lack of sleep! And now jealously!

9. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

[​IMG] nothing fancy just couldn't say no at $18.00 and crazy big at 245 mm one edge and 100 mm tall just needed to try it

10. turtle

turtle Founding Member

Not new but I did manage to get the drawer open this evening (you know... the drawer that the runners fell down on and captured all my knives within it several years ago).

Repaired the drawer runners and now I have access to all of my knives once again.

I had the feeling of finding burred treasure when I saw all my old friends once again.

This shot as found.... no clean up or staging (as found)

[​IMG]

11. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

How much for that brow handled Sab (or is it Henckels?)?

12. Bill Farrell

Bill Farrell Founding Member

Ikarashi is a nice-looking hunk of stone.

13. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

It's all done! 225mm Michael Rader, Secret Stainless Gyuto. Needless to say, I'm more than a little excited to get it!

[​IMG]

14. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Exciting times!

15. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

looks great lefty! congrats

16. skiajl6297

skiajl6297 Founding Member

Really digging it for my knives, with the added benefit of using it to start straight razor honing as a bevel setter. Giving that a go. Love multipurpose things!

17. turtle

turtle Founding Member

18. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

19. gavination

Whoa that's gorgeous. Can't wait to hear about it when you spend some time with your new baby!

Well, at least until you become a zombie after the real baby arrives. :lol:

20. Stereo.Pete

Stereo.Pete Founding Member

Well, I just sent payment to Mr. Lisch for my first damascus knife ever!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to receive this bad boy sometime this week. I can't upload pics to imageshack anymore since they now charge. Here's a link to some pictures that David posted over on blade forums. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1158863-Damascus-Gyuto I will report back with details once I receive it. For the profile, I sent David a tracing of my Shigefusa since the original knife he made was not what I was looking for. This new one looks fantastic and the pattern is out of this world.