1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Photos of the great outdoors

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Jim, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

2. That tractor doesn't look like it's moved in a while! Going back to the lake next week to try and get some better snaps of the wildlife, time to break out the camo gear:D

3. butch

butch Founding Member

this guy has been hanging around more. it found out sparrows like to roost in the bamboo next door so he/she stopps in bout the last hour of light to hunt
    DSC06262sm.jpg

4. Nice pic, Butch!
    Amazing how they can spot the smallest prey from a very long distance, I watched a Kestrel hover above a field a good 60-70 feet up and then drop down at high speed and snag a mouse, pretty cool to see.

5. butch

butch Founding Member

DSC06321sm.jpg well hawk has been gone a few days so the titmice and junkos have made it back to the feeder waiting for the downy woopeckers to make there way back (seems they all likeed the other food block better

6. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Great bird photos!

We've had a couple Stellar's jays visiting our suet feeder lately:

Stellars.jpg

7. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

No photos but.....last night was strange.
    Kind of like one of those cartoons where they are camping and all the eyes are glowing in the dark.

A little after midnight the dog started barking and growling. So I grabbed the flashlight and we went out to his fenced area outside the back door.
    I shined the light around the fields to the side and back of the house and nothing. Then I shined it out toward the lower field and back in the corner, eyes were lighting up all over the place just back in the trees. I couldn't see anything but the eyes. They moved like deer but some were higher up than my eyes are. I am thinking maybe a herd of elk stopped by, or.........aliens.

8. Toothpick

A family of Bigfoot! :BF

You are a brave soul. I would have high tailed it back home. "sorry pooch! You're on your own" Zooom!

9. Toothpick

10. Yeah a bit odd for a waterbird! Flaps of skin around the toes instead of webbed. That one trod on it's own feet so many times when it walked away from me, nearly tripped itself up twice:D

11. Toothpick

12. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

13. Toothpick

14. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I think you used to live there Jason. Illinois!

15. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Some good looking shots Mike! I really like the first one.

16. Toothpick

I used to live here:

IMG_9913.jpg

That's the Illinois I know.

17. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

thanks Jeffery. They are from the landscape outing that I mentioned. sort of a gray day.

18. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thats nice too.