1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Photos of the great outdoors

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Jim, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

2. A couple of pics from my recent holiday in Austria. Which one do you like best?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

3. Toothpick

4. I went fishing last Friday and found this little beauty on my fishing bag when I was packing up
    caterpillar.jpg

After a bit of google work I found it was a Pale Tussock Moth caterpillar, poisonous hairs as well apparently and can cause a nasty rash! Good thing I am wary of critters I don't recognise:D

5. Toothpick

I just assume any caterpillar with bright colors and more hair than I have is poisonous.

Pretty though!

6. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

2015-08-02 11.35.48.jpg

7. butch

butch Founding Member

was a long day startign with a pic of a few planets and ending on a hell of a sunset
    DSC06007sm.jpg DSC06009sm.jpg
    10-2915-sunset.jpg DSC06009sm.jpg 10-2915-sunset.jpg

8. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

That last pic is amazing Butch

9. butch

butch Founding Member

moon was large and clear today so no star shot but i said the hell with it and shot the moon
    DSC06063sm.jpg

10. butch

butch Founding Member

that shot is much larger then i cn post on here. took my 16mm shot vertical then snapped 6-8 shots. joined them in photoshop then cropped the pano (nearly 10k pixels wide i think )

11. Toothpick

12. Toothpick

13. butch

butch Founding Member

from bottom left mars venus and then jupiter
    if the skys are clear when my wife gets up i ll will be back out with ore zoom to try and get better shot of jupiter and its moons (you can see them if you zoom i a bunch ) and not too bad to see them with the raw file. i hope to keep the trypod steady and get a few shots

14. Toothpick

15. Just noticed your shots, Butch!! Very nice :cool1

A few shots from around the fishing lake today(no fish though!)

Moody tree shots
    tree3.JPG
    tree.JPG

Old Massey Ferguson, nice blue enamel coffee mug on the exhaust pipe!
    massey.JPG

Random arty shot:D
    ring.JPG

A duck( just in case you are not familiar with these:D)
    duck!.JPG

This one just woke from a nap.
    duck!2.JPG

Cute little Wren
    newbird2.JPG
    newbird.JPG

My first ever pic of a Woodpecker! Just about got this one before it vanished.
    woody.JPG

No fish today, but who cares with great wildlife about:)

16. Toothpick

17. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

We have some wrens that look just like that. Tiny little things--not much bigger than a hummingbird--but they are LOUD when they fuss at you!

18. Yeah they are tiny, but fast and noisy, which makes them easy to find for taking some snaps!
    I saw a pair of Kingfishers fly along the lake twice, skimming the water at high speed, just a blue blur really! no chance of a pic but great to see:) I think I will just take the camera to the lake next week for a few hours and sit still and see what wildlife I can get some shots of.

19. Yeah it was a pretty cool thing to look at, I guess the enamel mug is to stop rain getting down the exhaust?