1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Photos of the great outdoors

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Jim, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Jason, those pics have a sinister and comforting look at the same time :cool1

2. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

A quick shot from a hike today mainly included here so @WarrenB can see some adventures of a PiF he once hosted! It wedges horribly in apples ;)
    IMGP4085.jpg

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

4. Jeffery Hunter

Jason this is overlooking Vancouver from the northeast about a 30 min drive and 3 hour hike from home! No Bigfoot today unfortunately..... Here is one from another view point
    IMGP4090.jpg

5. Toothpick

I would love to see that part of the country Jeffery. I've been to Niagara Falls on the Canada side but that is on the complete opposite side of the country.
    I have it on my list to make it to the Northeast at some point

6. Jeffery Hunter

@Toothpick We are super lucky to be in a giant outdoor play ground and we try to take advantage of it most weekends, Lucky for me the lady of the house loves to hike as well and my kids enjoy it a lot so it is something we do together and all enjoy! If you ever make it to the Northwest look us up!

7. Toothpick

8. HOG trip AK.jpg

Denali National Park AK,

9. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

10. Nice to see the knife in use, even if it got beaten by an apple!!:D Just happy the handle hasn't fallen apart as it was the first one I ever did!!

Nice pics everyone, beautiful scenery:)

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  11. butch

butch Founding Member

trip out on the water a little while back
    DSC03965sm.jpg

DSC03890sm.jpg

12. Jeffery Hunter

Here is the shot from today. Eagle Bluffs north of Vancouver looking out over Bowen Island and Howe Sound. IMGP4298.jpg

13. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

The most beautiful thing in this picture is the smile. My niece brought a friend with her to my parent's farm in central Kentucky. We were fishing in the pond next to the house, everyone else had ditched their poles and left but she was having fun and wanted to keep at it! She had only fished a couple times in here life so I stayed with her and coached a little(like I'm a pro!:k) and next thing you know.....she landed a little catfish. She was so excited it made it great just to be there and share that with her.

[​IMG]

14. Nice fish, great sky reflection and a beautiful smile!

15. Toothpick

16. Jeffery Hunter

A great sunset on the beach last night. IMGP5169.jpg

17. Toothpick

18. Andre

Andre Founding Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438646049.474555.jpg
    Go knows where CO, after a day of fishing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438646086.220393.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438646111.422268.jpg
    Manzanita, Oregon

19. Jeffery Hunter

Its my laptop background now!

20. Just got back from a cruise around the Mediterranean, got a few pics of the wildlife.

Getting pics of birds is tricky enough on it's own sometimes but when you add a moving ship into the equation it really makes for some good practice shots:D

Just some gulls following the ship
    gull4.JPG
    gull5.JPG
    gull6.JPG
    gull7.JPG

Missed the opportunity to get some great shots of the dolphins that popped up near the ship, by the time word got to me they were about 1000ft away!! Still managed one half decent shot, but was a bit gutted not to get some better ones
    dolphins2.JPG