1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Photos of the great outdoors

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Jim, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Thanks, Lucretia!
    The bees were not easy to get! they are all handheld shots and there was a light breeze all day that made the flowers constantly sway slightly, tricky!

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I walked out to the garden yesterday evening and there was a baby bird in the grass. Didn't even move. I simply thought "oh, hey" and kept on what I was doing paying it no mind. I regret not snapping a pic now because it would have been good!

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. Jim

5. Toothpick

Cool photos Jim.

I used to see those little turtles around my home when I was a kid. We were about....half mile from the river. Quite the distance for a little thing like that.

6. Jim

These are painted turtles. An adult is digging a nest to lay her eggs right now on my septic mound.
    They get about 9 inches or so as an adult.

7. Toothpick

8. Jim

9. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Heres one rfom a recent hike we did in the Elfin Lakes are of Garibaldi park.

[​IMG]

10. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Very Nice Jeffery.

11. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I just realized I hadn't seen those shots Warren. Great work. I've tried some macros on moving flowers and uncooperative bees recently and I know how tough they are. great shots.

12. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Playing catch up Lucretia, those frogs in the rose shots kill me. they look so comfy in there. great catches

13. butch

butch Founding Member

it was a big one and im not sure how it will show on the web
    [​IMG]

14. Jim

15. butch

butch Founding Member

eastern swallow tail have bee beating up my carrots but im cool with it as i have had over a dozen on the crop at any given time

16. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

17. butch

butch Founding Member

that is the unedited shot(shots) i think it wasas like 9 shots stitched (16mm on 24MP sony dslr) a good friend ajusted the color curve a bit to make the blacked out foground pop more and you can see its green grass(still dark but much betterr balanced)

18. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Great panoramic shot Butch

19. MattS

MattS Founding Member

You are all unconscioulsy enabling me.... I have been doing an inventory of some knives to see which ones can part with to get a camera. Really great pics.