1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Photos of the great outdoors

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Jim, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

A spot just a few blocks up the road from home!
    _IGP6300.jpg

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

A few blocks up the road from home? I'd love to have that view a few blocks up the road.

I run in to a Walmart a few blocks up the road :mad:

3. You;re a lucky man

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Most excellent Jeffery. Envy the locale. Just picked up a 10-17 fish eye.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  5. Jeffery Hunter

Thanks guys! I'm pretty lucky up here in Vancouver. @MotoMike would love to hear your thoughts on that lens! I've had my eye out for something like that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

6. Jeffery Hunter

Here is a few blocks in the other Direction from home. lions gate.jpg

7. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Jeffery.
    I'm enjoying the lens quite a bit. I know it is common knowledge that there is a big learning curve with the fish eye but it surprised me just the same. One must be aware that things not normally in the frame show up there inexplicably, like your shoes or power lines. things out on the eges will have the pronounced curve of course, so if you intend it, good. but unintended can be distracting. In most cases I want my horizon to be flat and straight, so if as I would normally do, place it in one of the third lines, it will be curved. So if I want it thirded, I have to put it in the center and then crop for composition. The lense seems to have really rich color rendition. I'd also considered the Sigma 10-20. The pentax gets the job done in a significantly smaller package. at 10 it is quite fishy. at 17 it is almost like a rectilinear wide angle. That makes it quite versatile in my mind. I have a lot to learn, but I expect it to be one of my favorite lenses. With all that wide out doors and dramatic sky-scape, it would seem a shoe in for you. I wish it was one of the weather resistant lenses, but it is not. The front element is quite prominent and I can see extra care to protect if from harms way. The hood is integral also quite small. no filter threads. Two thumbs up. stock image attached

10-17.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  8. butch

butch Founding Member

i really want an UWA or fish eye but im going ot have to get one thats 2.8f cause of wanting to do night shots

9. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

thanks Warren

10. butch

butch Founding Member

got out on the battlefield today jsut for a quick walk about
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

ooh nice catch on that sneaky snake

12. A few pics from my friends garden, we were sorting out all our fishing gear(takes a couple of days!) and this little bird kept whizzing past, finally spotted the bush it was in and got a couple of snaps.

It's a Goldcrest, never seen one before but apparently it's the smallest bird in the UK.
    You can see where the name comes from!

gold2.JPG

gold4.JPG

gold3.JPG

And this shot came out of the camera pretty much like this, really like the yellow tulips with the birds crest

gold.JPG

13. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Great critter shots, Warren and Butch. It's hard to get those little buggers to hold still!

14. Thanks Lucretia
    That little bird gave me a monumental runaround trying to get even one pic of it let alone 4!! Had to persevere though as it was a new sighting for me.
    Love the snake pic from Butch as well, we don't have many snakes over here, one part of me is happy that it's one less thing to worry about when hiking etc, but they are beautiful creatures so I would love to get some pics.

15. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I miss snakes. We have garter snakes and that's about it. Although it's nice to be able to reach under bushes and tromp through weeds without having to worry about getting bitten.

We had all kinds in Florida. Some old pictures, so excuse the quality.

Nothing like stepping out a door and seeing one of these on the wall above your head. A nice striped corn snake. Probably 3-4' long. The color is bad--he's much more yellow than the photo shows.

Pool Bath Snake 3.jpg

A pretty little ring neck snake. His belly is bright orange and yellow.

Ringneck1.jpg

And one of my favorites--a rough green snake. Just a beautiful little animal--about 2' long.

Green snake 8.jpg

16. Great photo's!

17. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

You've got to watch which roses you sniff with these guys:

Frog.jpg

FrogRose.jpg

18. Love the frogs in the roses, Lucretia:)

I went to a gem of a place today, Myddelton House Gardens, it's a beautiful place, very peaceful and full of plants and wildlife.

Just a few pics for now, got to sort through all the flower pics still!!

myd8.JPG
    myd9.JPG
    myd14.JPG
    myd15.JPG

myd10.JPG

myd19.JPG

myd18.JPG

myd17.JPG

19. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Some great photos, Warren! You can just about reach out and pluck those bird. Bees are a challenge to photograph. And getting the details on both the bees and the poppies--wow!