1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Jim, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

My dad tells us when he was a kid he used to catch the baby skunks, yank the stink bag out, and sell them to people as pets.

Times really were different back then....

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

There was a family of skunks that used to visit us at our last house. We put peanuts out on the birdfeeder, and if there weren't any on the ground for the skunks, one would come up and tap on the door and say "HEY! Where are our peanuts?!?"

Skunkbert.jpg

3. Toothpick

4. eightysixCJ

eightysixCJ Founding Member

Higgins was a cool dude Jim. Still in between buds myself. I must say I have been enjoying the company of several varieties of yeast and their efforts for the past year or so. They are very accommodating, however small, friends.

Tom

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I have a traumatized little cat. I was gathering up plastic bags to drop off at the grocery tomorrow for recycling. So one bag gets stuffed with a bunch of other bags. Turd Ferguson decided to help--and got his head stuck in the handles of a bag full of bags. Next thing you know he's tearing around the house with the bag "chasing" him--running into things and dumping bags all over the place. After 4 or 5 circuits of the house, he finally got untangled and is hiding under the desk.

I have no idea where is sister is hiding.

6. Toothpick

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Yeah, once he wore out enough to not catch the bag on something and break his neck, it was pretty funny. I've never seen those little legs move so fast. Rustling plastic bags smacking him with every step, bags falling out all around him. "IT'S AFTER ME! IT'S AFTER MEEEEEEE!" Poor little guy. He recovered enough by bedtime to get his nightly cookies.

8. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

Poor little fella... [​IMG]

... [​IMG]

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I am getting big and fierce. I am not afraid of anything! Except plastic bags...

TurdFierce.jpg

10. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

Turd Ferguson is looks like he's really filled out (after raiding the milk stash). :) How much does he weigh now?

Vanish looks like he's going to settle in at around 12 pounds. I tell him he has a lead belly, cause he feels like such a chunk when you pick him up. He is probably the least graceful cat I have ever had. Most of the time he makes the jumps and leaps he attempts in a day, but a least once a day he fails a jump where he just can't quite pull his lead belly all the way up with him. :D

11. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Turd is actually a smallish cat--he weighs about 9 pounds, I think. (He's a tricksy one to weigh.) He is the exception to the rule that cats land on their feet. When he's on your lap you have to support him to keep him from falling off. Last night Mr. Lucretia was sitting crosslegged on the floor with Turd sleeping on his lap, and the dumb cat fell off and landed on his head. Lucky for him he only fell a few inches. Marie is quite the lardbutt, although she's also a small cat. When she lies down the fat spreads out and she looks like a hot water bottle with a little tennis ball head. Turd rarely finishes the food on his plate, but Marie will plow through her food and then clean up after her brother. We might have to put her on a diet if she keeps it up.

Vanish sounds HUGE!

12. [​IMG]

My cats, Frans & Figaro!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

13. [​IMG]

My cats, Frans & Figaro!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

14. My cats, Frans & Figaro!

[​IMG]

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Frans and Figaro are very handsome! Are they full grown?

17. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Slinky Marie is also growing like a weed. She looks (and feels) a lot less like a water balloon these days. Although after cleaning her plate, she checks to see if her brother has left anything behind for her. She's going to be a little chubby girl if we don't keep an eye on her.

Marie.jpg

18. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

We had to put the misses' cat down today. Renal failure. Domino was ten. She got him her sophomore year of college.

We had agreed to foster a cat and German Shepherd puppy of an acquaintance of mine who is deploying so we will try to grieve quick before we get our hands full with our six year old Brittany and six month old Brittany romping with the fosters.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

19. Terrible, my condolences.

20. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

So sorry, John. Losing a pet is so hard.