1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Jim, Feb 22, 2014.

1. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Thanks guys!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Thanks guys. The dogs are being super cuddly when not being super hyper and needing to run .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Hard to believe that it's been a year since we adopted these little monsters. They couldn't be bothered to pose for a photo while they're napping in front of the fireplace. They have a hard life.

1year.jpg
    Maybe it will warm up their feet. They have decided that when their toes are cold in the middle of the night that it is a fine thing to come warm them up on me.

4. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

My ducks think they are dogs.
    .......flying dogs.
    [​IMG]

5. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

They look like they're doing great! Does Marie still have that interesting orange coloring?

Here's a recent pic. of Vanish, who now weighs just over 15 pounds.

Vanish dec.4 16 (3).jpg

6. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

IMG_1342.PNG Mr Gibbs, Rescue dog

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Gibbs looks just like Benji (for those of you who remember Benji. Or if you really want to show your age, Benji was in "Petticoat Junction" before he made it in the movies.)

Vanish is HUUUUGE. And quite the handsome boy.

Marie no longer looks like she sat in orange soda. It took a good long time to grow out, but her neon-colored bottom now matches the rest of her.

8. Intrigued

I saw this little girl at an area pet supply store while looking for a new crate mat. She was a rescue from a county animal shelter. I actually managed to tell myself "no" that day and walked out of the store without even petting her. I spent the rest of the day and night telling myself all the reasons why getting her was a bad idea... [​IMG]

.... Then I called them early the next morning and went back and got her. [​IMG]

Meet Will-o'-the Wisp, otherwise known as Willo. Both their vet and mine guess her age to be about 7 months. She is a very slender (skinny) little wisp of a cat, all 6 pounds of her.
    Willo 1.jpg Willo 2.jpg

... and since I opened the door of the gated room she is currently staying in, the second day she was home, Vanish (all 15 pounds of him) has made himself an almost constant companion.
    Vanish & Willo 2:11:17.jpg

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

What a pretty girl! With those long legs she'll be able to run circles around Vanish.

10. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Soon to be 11yrs. Hard to believe 20160917_153304.jpg

11. Intrigued

12. Intrigued

I think you're right. She is already far more graceful, at 7 months, than Vanish is at a year & a half.
    Then again, Vanish is by far the most uncoordinated cat I have ever owned. :p

They reached a new milestone today.... trusting each other enough to nap together.

Vanish & Willo 2:13:17 (1).jpg Vanish & Willo 2:13:17 (4).jpg Vanish & Willo 2:13:17 (3).jpg

13. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

14. Intrigued

[​IMG]

15. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

"You can't see me! I am invisible!"

16. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member