1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

pen knife

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by MotoMike, Nov 23, 2014.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

My brother-in-law broke his ancient Buck 379 and I thought I'd like to get him a replacement. similar form factor and size but maybe a bit upscale. 2 1/4" single blade, traditional styling, 5 inch overall.
    thanks
    Mike

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Ok. the single blade requirment really limits the selection. I have been eye balling the Case Baby Butter Bean. Anyone have one and can comment on it? Quality? Utility? I gather he doesn't want a knife that makes itself known while in the pocket.

Mike

3. I'm a big fan of that little guy. The main blade is a little thick for me personally (I like a "pen knife" that is super thin) but it's a sweet little blade.

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks
    I think the peanut is more the style he is interested in. When I looked at that link, the mind reader at the bottom listed some Cases that are quite similar and most come with bone handle. The Queen being D2 tool steel, will it be as rust resistant as the Chrome Vanadium used in some of the Case blades?