1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Paring Knife WIP

Discussion in 'Se Ecglast' started by Taylor, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Here are some pics of a knife I've been working on over the past few days. I changed up the shape slightly due to some feedback. Feels like I'm starting to get the hang of things, though I'm not going to talk about how long it actually took me to finish.

[​IMG]

Here's the blade heat treated and ready to be ground. Checking out how it looks with a random handle.

[​IMG]

The blade is ground now, and the handle is roughly shaped.

[​IMG]

A dry run of putting everything together.

[​IMG]

This is how I'm putting the knives together at the moment. I may end up putting a pin in the handle for added strength, but the will have to happen in the future.

[​IMG]

The knife has been glued, and the glue has set. Now time to get back to some grinding on the handle, and some finishing sanding.

I'll have some finished pics up in the morning. Thanks for looking!

2. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

And here are some pics of the finished product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]