1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdoor Acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by James, May 1, 2014.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

It is a 1969 Ducati 450. I have been neglecting if of late. work on my addition has covered it with sawdust. I guess it is an outdoor acquisition:)

134.JPG

2. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

That's a beauty, thanks for sharing :cool1

3. Andre

Andre Founding Member

That is a beautiful ride.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

thanks guys. I got rid of my 83 Moto Guzzi SP1000 and have regretted it ever since. The little Ducati is cool and fun to knock around on for about an hour, but it will punish you greatly.

5. Nice Ducati:cool1
    I had 1 proper bike lesson years ago, got on it and the instructor said give it a little more throttle, soooooo I gave it a twist and let the clutch out and it leapt forward and the more it pulled the more I gripped and twisted:fp The bike ended up in the bushes of the car park we were in and I was on the floor looking up at the sky wondering what the hell just happened:D I know I should have just 'got back on the horse' but that was it for me. Hated having to wear a helmet as well and they are compulsory over here, felt claustrophobic:confused:
    Really love the look of them and like the idea of the whole thing, but 4 wheels and a couple of doors is more my thing:D

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

8. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

That's my next goal - learn to ride a motorcycle. The local Harley dealer gives a 25 basic rider course for $250. I'm gonna take it one weekend this year.

9. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Jason
    I'd recommend checking out the Motorcycle Safety Foundation website. You can follow links to the basic course and enter your Zip to find venues near you. In Illinois, you can take the MSF basic course which is 20 hours for free. And they provide the motorcycles for the course. In Illinois the funding to offer the course comes from a portion of your license and registration fee which makes it back to the motorcycle safety project which is administered by the state university system (I think)

10. Jim

Good plan either way Jason. In some states passing the course gets you licensed to operate with no further testing.

11. Jim

12. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I live in Tennessee but I'll still check out the website. Thanks for the tip!
    I meant 25 hours of instruction and riding time.
    I'm pretty sure TN is one of those states. At the end of the course you get a certificate to take to the DMV.

13. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

14. Jim