1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stones Today

Discussion in 'Japanese Knife Imports' started by JBroida, Apr 24, 2018.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

Hey Guys... just added a few new stones I thought you guys might enjoy.

First up, an Extra Large version of our Gesshin 400. Here's a link so you can check out the size differences on our Instagram page:
    [​IMG]
    Gesshin 400 size comparison on @JKnifeImports Instagram

and here's a link to the product page:
    Gesshin 400 Grit Extra Large Stone

Its longer, wider, and taller than the normal gesshin 400 by a decent bit, but aside from that, the same stone we all know and love ;)

Next is a ceramic 3000 grit stone. There has been a lot of demand lately for toothier feeling edges. Many people have been finishing at lower grits than they used to. I've been getting a lot of requests for 3000 grit stone, so I had a new one made. It's like a toothier version of our Gesshin 4000, but a bit less expensive. It requires soaking, but cuts crazy fast, has a nice grippy feel, and dishes slowly. Hope you enjoy...
    [​IMG]
    @Jknifeimports on Instagram for pics
    Gesshin 3000 Grit Ceramic Stone

And last up is a new stone fixer. I know most of you use diamond flattening plates. I often do as well. However, there are times when I wish I had a larger flattener, or something I felt more comfortable using on really coarse stones (we use a lot of coarse stones over here). Because of that, I spent some time testing fixers in grits from 100-240. We ended up having these 100 grit ones made because they cut the fastest, and could also be used for really coarse repair work on your knives in a pinch. I liked the grooved sides I saw on some other flattening stones, as it helped reduce sticking, so I asked for that. They are rather large, which can help with larger stones. An added benefit I found with them once they arrived was that they also worked great for flattening my tough to flatten diamond stones (including my 800 grit vitrified diamond stone... though I needed to flatten the stone fixer again when I was done).
    [​IMG]
    @Jknifeimports on Instagram for pics
    Gesshin Extra Large Stone Fixer- 100 Grit

Hope you enjoy.

-Jon