1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

need Help.

Discussion in 'Bryan Raquin' started by cassca, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

No need Brother Al. I have your addy!

2. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

:cool1

3. Nice to read these reviews! Particularly nice to have your point of view in comparison to other knives.
    @Mrmnms can you tell us more about the accident?
    Looking forward to read the opinion of the next on the list!!

4. Mrmnms

It was not a result of the way the knife was made. It had a superb fine tip. I returned home to find the knife was moved , with about 3 mm of the tip missing. I have a big array of knives on display at the back of my butcher block counter. No one else cooks in my home. My kids would never dream of touching my knives. When I told Bryan what happened and offered to pay for it, he couldn't have been more gracious. We agreed the tip would need to be reground from the spine and Bryan allowed me to do it. This knife does a lot of things very well with few performance compromises . If I only had one knife (who am I kidding!), this could be it.

5. cheflarge

Yea Mike, one knife!!! :jump Right. :D

6. Mrmnms

Just one this time Al. On its way !

7. cheflarge

Received knife yesterday.

8. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Sorry for the late response, a lot has been going on around here lately.
    I'll give it a spin after chef if you don't mind. Have had an interest in your work for some time.

9. :cool1

10. cheflarge

Have enjoyed the knife thus far...... twenty pounds potatoes, ten pounds of carrots, no issues with stickage or general overall performance. Fighting the handle, not sure why. More detailed review in the next couple of weeks.

11. cheflarge

To whom am I shipping this to next?

12. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

I believe that would be me.:k I'll send you my address, no rush on this end so take all the time you like.

13. cheflarge

Knife shipped out today. I would personally like to thank Bryan for the opportunity to test drive one of his wares. I really don't think I have much to add to all the thorough reviews other than I generally agree with Mrmnms, "If you could only have one knife, this would be a good pick." The forged geometry virtually eliminates all stickage. The san mai, carbon core construction takes and holds a great edge. I, personally, did not care for the handle. I believe, due to the length, it was not comfortable (for me) in either a pinch or western grip. Thanks, again, Bryan. Count me in for the lottery!!! You are an amazing knifemaker & should be very proud of your work.

Fraternally,

Al

14. thank you for testing that little knife .

what is wrong for you with the handle ? too slim ? too long ?
    do you think the wood is too soft ?

15. cheflarge

I believe the length.

16. ok , no big deal , it's easy to fix :D

17. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Received the knife in good shape today, thank you Al. The knife is gorgeous with it's Ku Nashiji rustic style finish!
    I haven't yet had a chance to use it. Thank you Bryan for the opportunity to try this knife, very excited!
    I'll give some thoughts soon.

18. ok ! cool !

no body after you ?

19. what's up ?