1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

My work. 10.5" Sanmai Gyuto

Discussion in 'Caublestone Cutlery' started by Daniel Cauble, Jun 6, 2018.

1. 20180530_181345.jpg 20180530_181016.jpg 20180530_181022.jpg 20180530_181149.jpg 20180530_181229.jpg My apologies if this is the wrong format to post here. I specialize in sanmai. Its mostly what i forge, typically with soft jackets, and only on a newletter type format, as this hasnt taken over as my primary job, yet. Thanks for looking.

Steel: W2/1018 sanmai laminate with core at 64-65 RC
    OAL: 17.5"
    Blade length: 10.5"
    Width: 2.125"
    Thickness at heel: .105"
    Balanced at pinch grip

Handle is on the longer side at 6.375" long made up of stabilized dyed maple burl, cherry burl, a desert ironwood (I realized the anodizing of Ti pulled some oil from the desert ironwood after I took pics. I have since replaced the oil, and it no longer looks faded) spacer and anodized Ti.

Saya is 3 piece cherry and walnut with an anodized Ti keeper pin.

Bevel set on Nubatama synthetics and finished with an Ohira Tomae.

2. Thanks Brock. I have several more to show, im just not sure how tasteful it is to load it down.

3. I'm not a mod, but as far as I know folks here love looking at kitchen knives. ;)

4. Can follow me on Instagram to see my work from the beginning of creation: caublestonecutlery

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member