1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

my word

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Apr 3, 2017.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

was asked about a production razor cause they were jsut getting started and was unsure about gettign one of my customs. told them a Co. i trusted they get razor and it had all kinds of issues and then the seller woudl not take a return
    as a man that backs up what i had said about the razor being good and the seller not fixing the issues. i did it
    im not bringing up seller name or even the razor name
    just thought i woudl post the finished pictures before i test shave with it
    DSC09398sm.jpg DSC09401sm.jpg DSC09404sm.jpg

2. That's commendable, I applaud you sir. I was taught that a man's word should not be given lightly and I love to see this.
    Oh, and that's a beautiful razor.

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. butch

butch Founding Member

just so you know what was not 100% up to snuff the edge hone bevel was uneven and nearly gone in the middle on one side left over lower grit scratches on both bevels and chipped out wood on the handle where the pivot pin was. nothing that woudl prevent it from being a shaveable razor but for what was retail price and that i know the product line wass good to go a few years back. was upsetting to me. plus side for me is that the kids have shown interest in helping out in the shop(they are looking for jobs but are 2 young for most 12 and 14) i think if the kids help i might be able to match the price point on a mid tec razor made right here in the USA with USA produced steel

5. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Looks nice. You seem to have addressed the bevel issue perfectly.

6. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I trust you Butch!!

7. Once can only applause such exemplary gesture. Especially in the current days.

8. And just to give praise and thanks where it is due, I'm the guy who was the blessed recipient of butch's kindness and gentlemanliness.
    He most definitely didn't have to help me out at all on this one as the quality issue didn't come from him but this other company in question but to have him stand by his word like that, is also honorable and commendable gesture in this day and age.

Just makes me all the more want to fully and always back his work, dream about getting one of his straights one day, and because of how awesome a gentlemen he is, always try to recommend anyone looking for custom knives of straights right his way.

Thank you so so much butch, for helping me out, going over and beyond, and for helping me turn a straight that was in horrible shape and would likely have taken the skin right off my face if I had tried shaving with it, into a wonderful nice straight with solid nice scales that I would keep and use for a long time to come! (Unless I upgrade to a harner straight that is. :p)

9. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Almost makes me want to send a razor to Butch. Nah. Glad you had a positive experience.