1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Music Videos that bring back memories

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Burl Source, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

Once in a while I see a music video that brings back memories of events in my life.
    Years ago I went through a time when I thought being married wasn't working out. The wife and I split up and I ran into a lady I had worked with in the past. We got together for about 6 months before I figured out I liked my wife a whole lot better. For a while this was how both the wife and girlfriend felt about me. Now the wife and I have been back together for about 10 years. I got my perspective back and now life is good.

2. Burl Source

When I met my wife back in the early 80s she was managing a New Wave club. This was a song we both liked. When I look back I think we were all kind of weird in the 80s. Big hair and we dressed funny too.

And another

3. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

These are the two songs that make me daydream the most. This one makes me think of the movie "The Beach" every single time I hear it. I'm immediately in a time warp to a tropical island, sipping on the local favorite alcohol drink of choice, and puffing on my baccy pipe. My whole family and friends are there, including the ones that have passed. Come to think of it, it's pretty much what I hope heaven is like only we can go other places besides the beach.

4. Argonaut

Argonaut People call me French sounding words Founding Member

Sledgehammer.

5. Christopher

The second one just makes me happy. Anytime I need a pick me up, I play these two tracks. I love this song and specifically this version. I sing this at the top of my lungs and scream the lyrics when Richard Ashcroft does. If you ever have the pleasure to roll up beside me in traffic, and i'm playing this song, you'll be able to easily pick me out, I'll be the middle age guy screaming lyrics like a teenage girl listening to Beiber LOL.

If I could take a time machine to any concert and song, this would very likely at the top of the list.

6. Burl Source

I went and saw Evanescence at a small club called Hells Kitchen in Tacoma Washington. Just before they started playing on the radio.
    I have always had a thing for dark haired women with nice........voices. My taste in women, music and art has always been a bit outside of mainstream.

7. Christopher

Amy Hartzler/Lee has a great voice.

8. Burl Source

My late teens I lived in Florida. One afternoon a friend came over and said "Come on, we're going to Gainsville" (a college town)
    He said there was a really strange band playing. When we got to town mind altering substances were ingested and we walked into the club to see a bunch of people squirming around on the floor. I think this video was filmed about then.

9. Burl Source

One of my cousins Andrew Gerber was pretty active in the Seattle "Belltown Art Scene". Once in a while he would invite me to weird parties there. There was one in an abandoned warehouse and there was a band playing. The lead singer was a real strange looking skinny guy with no shirt. But he sang a lot like David Bowie. After the music several girls took their clothes off. They splashed paint on them and then they pressed themselves against big canvasses. That was Seattle Art in the late 70s early 80s.
    I always enjoyed this song.

Around that time thought I would go to art school and become an artist. One of the girls in one of my classes was dating one of these guys. They played at an afterhours party. Kind of different but fun. Whatever happened to RockaBilly music?

10. Burl Source

If you watch real close, you'll see James in this one. He was a bit younger then.

11. kentos

kentos Founding Member

Bizarre Love Triangle.