1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Maumasi Fire Arts Crowdfunding Campaign

Discussion in 'Maumasi Fire Arts' started by Mareko Maumasi, May 30, 2014.

1. Hey everyone! These are the last and final hours (literally 37 hours left) to make a pledge to my Indiegogo campaign that ends tomorrow night (5/31/2014) at 11:59 PDT. All contributions to the campaign help to create the Maumasi Fire Arts studio. When you pledge not only are you getting unique, one of a kind Maumasi Fire Arts gear and experiences ranging from stickers and hoodies all the way to learning how to sharpen your own knives or having your very own custom made knife, but you're supporting the creation of a community art space dedicated to the preservation of age old skills & trades, as well as the opportunities for self-discovery. No matter how big or small, your contribution makes a difference.

*Notes about pledging for a knife: Placing your order through the campaign affords you some advantages over a direct order. Most notably, 1) You get your knife at a discounted rate, 2) You are entered to win a SECOND custom Maumasi knife and 3) You get an exclusive invitation to our Ribbon Cutting Extravaganza when the MFA studio opens.

**If you are unable to place your order at this time, I will still be accepting orders after tomorrow, however they will not be eligible for the perks available through the campaign nor at the discounted price.

Best regards,
    Markeo

2. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Already in. ;) Good luck!

3. Already pledged for a knife, but won't be flying over to the ribbon cutting extravaganza from HK though.

4. Thank you both so much for your awesome support. Only 16 small hours left! Let's get some more of members to pledge and show their support too!

5. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Mareko, is the damacus option for random only, or are patterns available?

6. Definitely not just random. I can make anything I've I've already done and have many more patterns I look forward to making. What do you have in mind?

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I'm in for a knife. Now I need to win the paring knife, so I can have a Maumasi in each hand and one in my teeth when I chase the neighbor kids off my lawn...

8. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Nothing in particular right at the moment, but there are a bunch of patterned and mosaic damascus blades on your web site. Just trying to figure out what is covered by the damascus lover's donation on top of a knife-level donation.

9. @Lucretia, I hope you do too! By buying a knife you're also automatically entered into the chef knife drawing. @WildBoar, those can all be recreated and more are in the works.