1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Masakage Yuki Nakiri

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by James, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

Very nice! That Nakiri looks nice and thin behind the edge, which is a great thing! Most nakiri's will cut better with a slight push forward than with a straight downward press I have found, especially in the harder stuff. It's amazing what a nice nakiri will do, eh? :) The nashiji finish on the blade will really help food not stick to it except for garlic, it gets very sticky on it's own! Potatoes are fun to cut up with the right knife! Carrots, especially the big fat ones, are a bit harder to cut, but the Nakiri's generally deal with them well. I remember trying my first nakiri on a carrot, it felt like I was cutting a cooked carrot instead of a raw one! That's what got me hooked!

Food looks great, too!

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I was worried about the carrot and the tatoes, but this thing had no issues. The fun part is really watching the flooding of onion pile up a in its wake though... thats just something only kitchen knife guys would ever get

3. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Nice knife! I enjoy a good nakiri. :)

4. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

James, all I can say is...................

you got it bad. :thumb

5. James

So, funny story, a few years back I had 4 years worth of tax returns coming in (I was never good at doing them on a yearly basis) I had some extra flow and was looking into some knew kitchen knives and some other things. Ultimately I ended up with a feather AC some castle forbes and a kent bk4, and found badger and blade,... so you can guess what happened there, then I was about ready to do it again,... and Sam loaned me a pen, and we all know how that worked out. This has been a long time coming the nakiri (or "A" nakiri) has been on my hit list for a long time, glad this place was around as I love what I ended up with.

6. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

James, what is your opinin Jeeps? muhahahahahahaha

7. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

So James have you been arrested yet walking around the neighborhood with your new knife asking people if they need any vegetables cut up?

8. James

No but my nieghbours are starting to become suspicious about having all their veggies chopped when they wake every morning... the city's new veg service is a tough sell

9. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I'd offer you a rope to get you out of the hole you just fell into, but for some reason, I think it would come back in pieces. Welcome to the club, and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

10. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

How many gallons of soup do you have frozen?