1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Martell Knives w/Pre-Made Wa Handles

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

As many of you may remember I had partnered up (more like he helped me out big time) with James from Knives and Stones to bring in his pre-made wa handles to install on my Martell knives and it was an immediate success. I wanted to continue on with this idea so James was kind enough to once again supply me with a load his handles.

What's so special about this?

For starters - the price point.

When I don't have to purchase handle materials & abrasive consumables, nor work the handles (besides installation), I can offer the knives for sale at a substantial discount to what I normally charge, in most cases about $150 OFF! my standard pricing. Does that have your attention? [​IMG]

Then consider the quality of these handles. We're getting ebony and buffalo horn (in black & blond/streaked) plus either white G10 or nickel silver spacers are also available on some models. The build quality and finish is great on these handles and they are, IMHO, premium handles.

I've attached some pictures of the handles I just received and are available today.

These handles are ONLY available for installation on a Martell knife. If you're interested in ordering one of my knives to have one of these handles then please contact me via PM or email and let me know which handle/knife you desire, we'll talk pricing, and then move forward with getting your knife started ASAP.

I can only offer what's available in the pictures below, no custom options/ordering available.

This is 1st come - first served.

Thanks for your time and please feel free to comment below, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this project.

Regards,
    Dave

*Note - the handles are shown in a protective shrink wrap film. Any imperfections noticed are likely from this packaging and do not reflect the quality of the handle itself.

240 Gyuto1.JPG 270 Gyuto2.JPG 270 Suji1.JPG 300mm Suji.JPG

2. Dave Martell

I'm going to have a couple of Martell knives coming up soon with these handles on them.

The first one will be a CPM-154 240mm gyuto with the #3 marbled buffalo horn/nickel silver spacer/ebony....

$500 ($125 OFF!!!)

240 Gyuto No3.JPG

3. Dave Martell

This one is SOLD

4. Dave Martell

The next one coming is a 300mm CPM-154 sujihiki using handle #4 (shown below).

I've got it profiled out and handle fitted. Just need to grind it now.

Price - $550 ($150 OFF)

PS - If you're interested it needs an owner. [​IMG]

300mm Suji No4.JPG

5. Dave Martell

Besides this, does anyone have a request? I'd much rather build a purpose built knife where the customer picks the handle and blade style than to just make whatever so please feel free to contact me if you're interested in something here.

6. MattS

MattS Founding Member

210 petty, but I don't think any of these handles will fit.

7. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

8. Dave Martell

Yeah this current lot won't work out for that.

9. Dave Martell

BBQ sword? :D

10. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

11. Dave Martell

Mmmmm.....yummy

12. Dave Martell

Here's the first one. It looks a lot better mounted on a knife with the protective wrapping removed, eh?

So what do you think? [​IMG]

Click on the picture to see more...
    [​IMG]

13. Dave Martell

Working on this one today. [​IMG]