1. Welcome to the KKF! Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp. Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Martell Knives Gallery

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

2. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I just finished up on this 240mm K-tip gyuto made from CPM154 (powdered stainless) steel. The handle is an octagon wa using a "metallic" poly acrylic material.

The customer ordered this knife while he was here in the shop visiting and was able to design the knife right then and there. He came up with just the profile and handle size/design on the spot and from there I did the profile grinding and then passed the knife back and forth between us until he had just the right feeling on the board he was looking for. He had me tweak the heel height and also added in the K-tip feature, all under his immediate approval. The customer then went through my bin of poly blocks and paired up a combo that I wasn't too sure about, certainly not something that I would have done on my own, yet I think the end result is simply fantastic! He did a great job on designing his knife and I was happy to build it for him.

Thanks Richard, enjoy! :)

Martell_Knive_3.JPG Martell_Knives_1.JPG Martell_Knives_4.JPG Martell_Knives_6.JPG Martell_Knives_9.JPG Martell_Knives_11.JPG Martell_Knives_15.JPG P10100177.JPG P10100222.JPG

3. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

VERY nice!

4. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member