1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Martell 240mm Wa Gyuto in Ironwood - For Sale

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

[​IMG]

240mm Wa Gyuto - Standard

• Model - Gyuto
    • Blade Length - 240mm
    • Steel - O1 (high carbon tool steel)
    • Hardness - Rc 60-61 (with cryo)
    • Height (at heel) - 56mm
    • Weight - 7oz (198g)
    • Handle Style - Wa Octagonal
    • Handle Materials - AZ Ironwood with Buffalo Horn Spacer
    • FREE Lifetime Sharpening included!

This knife is a great example of my normal profile and grind.

Cryo treated O1 @ Rc60-61 is tough yet easy to sharpen, you have the best of everything here.

The wa octagonal handle is made from a very unique block of AZ Ironwood that has a knot in the middle of it that connects all sides. The color, depending on the lighting, is seen with reds, brown, orange, and a splash of black. The wood used in this handle has been sealed with a varnish/oil finish to help stabilize the appearance.

This knife is from our Standard line, where we're able to offer the same high quality knife as always, but at a less expensive price point.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Price - $485

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and location and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.[​IMG]

P1010006.JPG P1010008.JPG P1010009.JPG P1010012.JPG P1010013.JPG P1010016.JPG P1010022.JPG P1010001.JPG

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. Dave Martell

3. MattS

MattS Founding Member

The whole knife is nice, but that handle makes my heart palpitate...can't believe it took you so long to do octogon handles, you are a natural with them.

4. Dave Martell

You get credit for pushing me over the edge to do them. :)