1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Toothpick, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Get checked!
    http://www.ccalliance.org/awareness_month/

Painless and relatively effortless. Colon cancer is a preventable cancer but you've got to catch it early.

I was checked several years ago. My father was checked and actually had some polyps removed.

Don't fret, check your rect.

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Thanks for that reminder JJ!
    On the B&B we ran this as a group effort last year and were astonished by how many men got checked and had issues that were easily treated because they GOT CHECKED!

3. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Next week. Scope on a rope. I'm a veteran - the night before is the adventure.

Anybody got a smiley for that?

4. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Just had the adventure last week- possibly the most miserable of my life

5. Toothpick

The night before, or even a couple days before can be fun.
    But when you think about 2-3 days of life saving prep and procedure every 5-10 years.....piece of cake!

6. Got mine done 5 days ago. It's a life saving procedure and its covered under the ACA so it removes the excuse of I can't afford it. Which is more expensive? the colonoscopy or cancer?

7. daveb

daveb Founding Member

My last one was 5 years ago. This time I have a Kindle!

8. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

And if you're in the USA, the FDA approved a new screening test last summer that checks for DNA flags for colon cancer. It's a "take a sample and mail it off" test, with none of the purging beforehand. Some doctors prefer a colonoscopy because they're able to take a look at things, especially if you're a high risk patient. But this looks like an alternative for people who haven't been checked because they don't want to be scoped. It may not be covered by all insurance companies. Google "cologuard" for more information.

9. Toothpick

Great info thank you!