1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Love this forum software

Discussion in 'Support' started by Stereo.Pete, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Stereo.Pete

Stereo.Pete Founding Member

I think sometimes I take for granted forum software and forget that it, like any form of technology is constantly improving. Kudo's to you Jim for finding an absolutely lovely piece of software to host our forum on.

2. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

Yes! I like the alerts of the new posts, and that when I read the forum pages, I can see which topics I have replied to as well with my little avatar being on the post. Fast and smooth, too!

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Thanks for the kind words Gents, I think it was a good choice vs VB. Xenforo is still actively being developed, has a very easy to use interface and the permissions are very flexible. VB has become a very static product development wise as well as in customer service. I am amazed that I have not gotten a single "how do I do This" type of message yet.

4. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

I gota agree that this format seems to really work well. Its comfortable from the start for me. Where most forums of other software take me some time to get use to of find everything.
    Not here. Its like they took the best features from elsewhere and added some of there own tweaks that work!

Anyways. Great stuff. Carry on.
    Randy

5. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Yes yes, very nice! I have liked it since my first day here and you have been improving it in the short time I have been here. Keep at it. :)

There are only a few functions that I have to look around and find it but not often enough to comlain about it.

6. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

All I know is if my illiterate ass can use it , it must be OK!

7. Bill Farrell

Bill Farrell Founding Member

Agree---very nice forum engine.

8. gavination

gavination Founding Member

And PM's! What? View a conversation as a conversation??

As a sidenote, is there a limit on PM's in our mailbox here Jim?

9. Andy

Andy Founding Member

Fantastic software!
    I really like how it notifys you when someone has quoted your post, also when you click on a thread and it automatically takes you to the first unread post.
    Pure gold!
    :thx

10. Jim

I think there is but am not sure, I know it's less than a bazillion.

11. Kevin

Kevin Special K Founding Member

No limit on conversations actually.

12. gavination

Awesome!! Thanks! I'm not good at brevity. :lol:

13. Jim

Sometimes I feel like Johnny Carson. :fp

14. Maxim

Maxim Founding Member

plus one on very good chose on forum !!
    Actually The Best forum softwere i tried :thumb

15. gavination

They're going to force you to retire and be replaced by someone with a big chin??

16. Jim