1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

long road trip

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Dec 31, 2015.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

well left sunday at 430 got back last night at 11pm
    started here in PA went to atlanta to see the aquarium on monday had dinner with an old USMC buddy and his brother (brother is gettign into knife making )
    tues morning went to huntville AL picked up the biggest wood lathe i have ever seen and some tooling and hung out with my aunt (i think i get part of my crazy artist genes from her as she is a published quilter adn fabric dyer and wood carver)
    woke up wed morn had breakfast and got on the road
    glad its done and i hope to have some pictures soon as i at least get the lath back up on its feet

ooo massive thanks to my wife who did the bulk of the driving and also to the kids (yep they were along) stuffed into the back of a 4 door truck for over 30 hours of driving in 3 days could not have asked for them to have been better about it

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Wow, nice. 30 hours does not sound all that bad....30 hours with kids....misery.

Looking forward to seeing what comes from the lathe.

4. butch

butch Founding Member

its a beast
    8893_10205089765674420_2961467852219231733_n.jpg

5. Looks like lots of fun will be had with that

6. Love old Powermatics. Solid machines.

I sense the need for a trip to Hearne Hardwoods.

7. butch

butch Founding Member

doug for what curly koa serving platers

8. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Ooooh, please put me in for one of those, Butch!

9. butch

butch Founding Member

dave let me work on the steak plates in about 12 inch size first then i ca work up to the 22-24 inch platters (oo and wish me luck o finding boards that size ) might have to do composit builds for that

10. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Nice, Butch!!!