1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

line knife vs mini chef

Discussion in 'Harner Knives' started by butch, Jul 20, 2014.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

some of that cocobolo will be be used on parers also i think. i also have mango set aside for a few

2. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Yeah that cocobolo is stunning in your pictures.

3. The cocobolo trio are absolutely gorgeous knives!

4. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Yup. I'm in love with those three. The maple is damn pretty, too. :)

5. What did you get :)

6. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

I've got a block of koa from one of Mark's earlier sales of "best" stuff. Had it mailed to Butch some months back but I've never seen it in person. My mini will probably come near the end, so I get to watch all these other knives materialize and ask "damn, did I choose the right wood?"

7. That's going to be interesting. You can guess what I got :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  8. butch

butch Founding Member

Hope to have these finished tomorrow. Hopping

Attached Files:

9. Are these full size or minis?

10. Another silly question. What are the length of the line knife and mini gyuto. I looked them up but forgot.

11. butch

butch Founding Member

the middle blade is a 240mm there is a line knife all the way to the right (the blades are out in the shop lettign the epoxy cure so i cant get the specs till morning )
    i had in this batch 3 sizes of "guyto" the smallest is really a tall utility that i thinki was around 5 inch blade then there 6 and 7 inch blades i think. i was jsut having funn fitting things on to the sheet of steel since Tom wanted all kinds of stuff. naikir and bull nose knives will be coming later. i ran out of foil for HTing them so they had to wait till i get more foil in

12. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Nice. Looks like the minis are almost all ready.

13. I did notice something that looks like Koa

14. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Maybe but I don't think mine is in that group.

15. That must be a special knife if it have to come last.

16. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Nah, I've just pestered him so much that it'll take him a month to sort through everything and find the details of our project.

17. butch

butch Founding Member

imm working out all the custom grind details one your blade its part ground and after the parers i ll be finishing it. and no you dont see any koa in that shot. from left redwood ironwood ? ironwood and redwood lace. Xoomg tom let me know you want a parer also?

18. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Cheers, and yeah, I already paid Tom for the parer. I believe we're going to do a thin grind on that one, if you're still willing to do it.

19. butch

butch Founding Member

last 3 for the week redwood and ironwood shortys
    DSC02193sm.jpg

20. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

The simple ironwood actually suits the knife pretty well...very utilitarian and practical without the bling.

I better stop flooding this thread, haha.