1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Lasagna- Bake today reheat and serve tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by MotoMike, Nov 23, 2016.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Lasagna Bake today reheat and serve tomorrow?

When I lived in Italy, one of our favorite restaurants served Lasagna on Wednesdays. The proprietor told me that he made it on Tuesday and didn’t serve it until Wednesday because it tastes better that way. On his behalf, it was impressive lasagna.

I’d like your opinions on this. Any pitfalls? Liquid adjustment or additions prior to reheating? Oh, and if you have a killer recipe, I’d be interested in that as well.

Thanks in advance.

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

I have prepped it in advance Mike then simply popped it into the oven to finish when we were going to serve.
    You would need to make it a little wetter than if you went straight into the oven as the pasta will absorb a lot of the sauce sitting over night.
    I really love a nice slab of lasagna.

3. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Bake today and reheat tomorrow. It will be that much better.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Jim and David. thanks much. I'm on it!

5. Jim

6. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

It went very well Jim. the problem was that the destination had not done the pies ahead of time as I was told would happen. so there was trouble getting enough oven time to bring them back up. It was very good. I had a lot of liquid when I initially finished the bake, but was just about perfect when served after warm up the next day.

7. Jim

8. Assemble today, fridge and bake tomorrow, specially if you mix white sauce with your ragu

9. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I don't know what it is, but IMO any pasta dish tastes better the next day. Perhaps the time allows all the ingredients and seasoning to mingle more.