1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Kramer auction

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by neelesh, Mar 26, 2014.

1. MattS

MattS Founding Member

To bad that palm will shrink 2mm everytime the humidity drops....I wonder what the warranty on a 30k knife is like.
    I assume unconditional based on his reputation, but you never know.

2. butch

butch Founding Member

looks lieke snake wood to me. and that stuff frightens me all the stories about cracking scales

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Looks like it has a lot less belly than some of his other knives. If somebody gave me $30K and said I had to spend it on a Kramer, it would come home with me. And I'd use it.

4. Legion

Legion Founding Member

Well... I wouldn't do it, even if I could. But... people spend a lot more than that on art. I guarantee a lot more work went into that knife than one of Andy Warhol's paintings.

5. As an owner of two of his knives, he will honor any issues that would result from circumstances beyond your control. I imagine if we made the kind of money where we could drop $30K on a knife, it's probably a drop in the bucket of your bank account.

6. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Drop in the bucket or not it's still a wasted 30k.

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I'd say everything you buy is wasted money when it comes right down to the nitty gritty of it.

I've never seen a hearse with a luggage rack.

8. Words to live by.

9. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Old thread but worth revisiting given Kramer's newest work up for auction. Never hurts to dream big!

218a6dc22D3b212D491a2Dacdb2Dcb69566f8ab620172k.jpg

10. That price just keeps going up....

11. MattS

MattS Founding Member

One day.....

Although Home Butcher has a chef knife for only 12k...

12. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

last I saw of that one it was up on eBay for $11k or best offer. And I believe it sold.
    Wish I had that kind of coin to be able to pick one up.

13. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

I'm bailing on this auction at $19k...

ha!

14. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

15. only 19k? don't be cheap :p:p:p

16. what did this go for in the end? I left it at 29.8K...

17. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

I believe that was the winning final bid.

18. If you wanted it that bad, I'm sure we could've pooled some bux to up it another $0.1k... :D

19. @marc4pt0 thx
    @milkbaby errrr... I uh ah, no thx 30K seems pretty far off in the distance for me, I don't even have a car to sell for it lol.

20. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Maybe if I win the Powerball. That's a sweet looking carving set for holiday feasts.