1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Knife shopping in Kyoto

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Mrmnms, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

My nephew is in Kyoto with his wife on business and asked me for suggestions on where to look. From what I understand, Aritsugo in Nishiki Market is an easy if not best option along with Shigenaru. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ( I offered him one of mine but I think he wants to embrace experience )

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Lousy keypad. He scored some nice stuff. He chose wisely, except for a Deba he got for my brother. It's the thought that counts.

3. Asteger

Asteger Founding Member

Too late now, but the best is to really know your way around and where stuff is (prior research, asking the right questions on the day) and rent a bike or, better, a scooter and have your phone with google maps and gps working. Know some Japanese too. Lotsa fun