1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

KKFora Passaround?

Discussion in 'CJA Edged Art / Scorpion Forge' started by CrisAnderson27, Jul 29, 2014.

1. That will be fine John. If you want, give me a call, I PM'd my number.

2. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

The bad vids I sent to you via text feel free to use them however you'd like. I posted one to Instagram. I can try to get something specific if you'd like but I'm limited to a cell phone and myself ;)

3. As many pictures and as much video as you can or are interested in taking my friend, lol! The subject matter is your choice as the guy using the knife :D.

4. Speaking of!

Shared by John!

image0000001a.jpg

Thanks to Marc by the way, for cleaning her up so nicely!

5. This awesome! Will you be doing another pass around? I'm in the Washington DC area. Is it coming to anyone near me soon? I would love to try it out.

6. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

It started off here in the DC area. in fact, it's debut was at the ECG. It went from Alexandria to Gaithersburg, and then Baltimore.

7. I'll probably do another pass around when this one finally comes back. I've got a heavier style knife that, honestly...to me...still cuts as good as this one. I'd like to get all of your feedback on it as well. Just stay active on the forum and you'll be up for consideration. I mean, please don't misunderstand...I'm all about trusting people, but as the guy sending out a knife valued around $1000...it's good to know the people I'm sending it to :).

That said, I'm sure David will be on the list for the next one, and even if you haven't spent much time on the forum...I'm sure he might be willing to get together with you for you to play with it.

Just out of curiosity...are you a chef? A maker? Home enthusiast? I checked out your posts last night before I answered and you haven't said a whole lot about yourself :).

8. I thought I'd toss up these two videos John texted me last night for you guys to laugh along with lol. As John mentioned he shared the one on Instagram and I reposted there also. I never thought of tip cutting vertical carrots one handed lol, but its certainly no worse than horizontally cutting grapes :D.

9. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

lol... I want to know if mine can cut a phone book in half, but i haven't seen a phone book in years... so i guess I'll try a grape

10. A phone book? Well...if you find one go for it, lol. I'd be curious myself :p.

11. Hey I'm a home enthusiast. I own a few Carters and Takedas but I'm very interested in trying out sonething different. I post more on the other two knife forums as I just found out about this one. I'm pretty sure I met David and a few other locals at the East Coast Gathering. If he is on the next pass around I'll try to swing by his place and check it out if that works for everyone. Thanks for your reply!

12. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

I thought you had been there. The passaround spent most of the day on Marc4pt0's table, just downslope on the driveway from the table where I had my knives. You may have seen/ handled it without even knowing. They were slaying onions and potatoes with it.

13. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Just curious, where is the pass around now?

14. It should be headed back to me for the handle change either today or tomorrow I think. Then it will be off to the next person...which I actually think is you Al. I'll need to verify that when I get home though.

15. cheflarge

Cool, way excited!!! :cool:

16. Just checked and you're next Al :D.

17. The passaround is in my possession :).

I'm debating sending the knife back out with both handle designs. Pull one off, put the other on, etc. It will be a bit less 'sturdily mounted' for want of a better word....but should hold well enough for use even in a professional kitchen (if it slips out a bit just tap the butt on a cutting board to reseat it) and it could give you all a feel for both.

Part of the reason for this is that the existing handle is a bit long for making into a dual taper, and due to the existing taper, is a bit thin at what should be the thickest point. I can always make a new dual taper handle for it, and will...but that's what prompted the idea to send it back out with both.

Hmm...

18. cheflarge

I'm good for whichever! :cool:

19. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Whee!!! I wrote legibly on the label!

More importantly, how is the edge I put on it? 8D

20. The edge is wonderful! I was going to ask which stones you used for it?