1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Joys of cooking

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by chefcomesback, Nov 4, 2014.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Hopefully I can hire more people until then , it's more simple than my restaurant food but 700 Is lot for us even with a full brigade , thanks Mike

2. chefcomesback

Sooo , It has been a long time since i have revived this thread but believe me last month was one of the hardest ones in my professional cooking career . I had to change the whole brigade within a month and even had to close the restaurant for 2 days due to not having any staff . Tomorrow i will be taking my first day off since august 16 , i have no idea what i have done last week or dont even know what or when last week was . For those i havent replied to the messages or replied late , apologies .

3. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

keep the faith, brother!!! :fp2 :cool1

4. chefcomesback

Then this happened , the combi oven's door shattered, no sudden temperature changes or impact , out of warranty ... Lesson is : pay more ,buy rationale

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444133183.555121.jpg

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

6. chefcomesback

One of my chefs was just in front of the oven , she got scared quite a bit but luckily no one was hurt

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

8. That sucks Mert. It seems like in the industry when it rains it pours. Keep your spirits up mate. ******** happens.

9. Andre

Andre Founding Member

Holy ********, that is terrifying. Staffing problems are the worst, hopefully you got a good hand this deal.

10. Was this during service?
    ****** would you do if you had a banquet?
    Besides your main cool room they are the worst thing to break! Particularly for a large function venue like yours

Last time a combi broke on me during a banquet had to drive to a nearby restaurant to borrow their oven then drive back with everything wrapped up in L foil.... Fun times!

11. chefcomesback

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, it happened when we were trying to bake desserts , now we have big events coming up I really need the oven and the company we bought if from is doing everything to not claim any warranty what so ever