1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Joys of cooking

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by chefcomesback, Nov 4, 2014.

1. now i know where me next burger meal will be

2. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Don't get me wrong I don't have any problems with any dietary groups like vegans or vegetarians, it only bothers me if they decide to be selective vegetarian or vegan , depending on how they feel. When they see the fish dish they can't say it's ok I will have fish while there is a separate meal prepared for their " dietary restriction"

3. chefcomesback

This weeks surprise : looking for a sous, again ... Gave myself the weekend off , we were quite , I won't be getting any days off for a while, again ... FML

4. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Bummer man. Best of luck for New Years Eve.

5. chefcomesback

Thanks man, We are a small restaurant , I should get through New Years easy but February is already looking crazy busy with big events, concerts, march also and I have booked a 3 weeks trip to USA , I am going to have to find someone decent and train really fast and hope they can hold the ship together while I am gone

6. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

what part of usa are you going to be visiting mert?

7. chefcomesback

2-3 days in Idaho , rest of the time I will be in Atlanta

8. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

If you could just persuade my boss to let me go and pay my plane ticket I would do the job for free so if you manage that, im up for it.
    I mean it.

9. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Idaho, huh.. I am excited for you!

10. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Idaho is a spectacular place to get away. I love the Sawtooths and the Tetons are not to shabby either.

11. chefcomesback

I doubt I will have much time for sightseeing

12. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Well I hope you get to see some Sheep Horn. Maybe some Musk Ox.

13. chefcomesback

I would love to, persuading my boss for you to come here will be harder than persuading yours I am sure

14. chefcomesback

In wild not sure , attached to sharp things ? Maybe :)

15. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

Dont be so sure.

I am currently: planning production and producing, washing up the kitchen in every detail [400sqm], and the toilet, taking in orders, packing products and orders, keeping up with all the beaurocracy required when you run a small factory. Oh did I mention ordering stuffs and also delivering all of the orders to our customers... ?

Id love to just leave it and find myself on the plane man

16. chefcomesback

My definition of "dietary list " changed this week ... 3 pages long ... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421285361.798351.jpg

17. chefcomesback

700 pax dinner , me , 3 apprentice and a CDP ...

18. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

19. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

700 with just 5 of you, with the kind of food you serve ? Mert , you are the bomb! In case anyone was wondering, CDP... Chef De Partie, line chef.

20. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

:D