1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe's 240mm W2 Hitatsura Honyaki 'Extra Heavy' Gyuto

Discussion in 'CJA Edged Art / Scorpion Forge' started by CrisAnderson27, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Thanks!

I didn't measure this one but they generally run 3.5mm-4.5mm through the neck
    and then I start my work. This one is probably 3-4mm in that area.

2. Just saw this! Me too. Ferry finally updated his review thread over on KKF. The poor guy has been slammed at work with it being the holiday season. He said they did $50k during his shift last Sunday. He went a little more in depth with me, but I think he's planning on posting more later, so I won't ruin it for you all. My understanding is Joe's wanting to review this one too, so hopefully we'll get some more concrete feedback.

Then there's Marc and Al...who should be done this weekend-next week. Marc's is an extra heavy and Al's is a standard weight. I can't wait to hear their feedback as well!!

3. Yup yup, I'm planning on posting 2 threads on both forums: one with an immediate response/info on the knife and a second a couple months down the road with a long-term review. I like how Matus broke his up for his Billipp, so I'll be doing something similar.

4. Alright, finally done...phew!

Cris, I hope you don't mind, but I created a new thread for my writeup here. I figured it could potentially get more visibility in the public area.

Spoiler alert! I'm very happy.