1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Gesshin Musashibo Benkei

Discussion in 'Japanese Knife Imports' started by JBroida, Apr 1, 2017.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

[​IMG]
    Gesshin Musashibo Benkei- Handmade in the Tradition of Samurai

Every once in a while, we get to do something truly special. As many of you know, knife making in Japan has its roots in Japanese swordmaking. Most scholars agree that the best katana were made in the Momoyama Jidai/Sengoku Jidai, before the Edo period. During this time, there was much fighting across Japan, so katana were used much more than they were during the Tokugawa Jidai, a time of great peace. What you may not know is that there are rich sword making traditions that go back much farther than that. In the early 11th century there was another period in Japan when many great swords were made. We were able to find a swordsmith whose roots go back even further than that. His ancestors were said to have made the weapons wielded by Musashibo Benkei and Minamoto no Yoshitsune. We were able to contract with him to make a truly special series for us. In the great traditions of the Tosho serving the Minamoto clan, we have commissioned a knife so unique and amazing that I can promise you will never find anything quite like it anywhere else. With the official launch date of April 1st, 2017, we are proud to bring you the Gesshin Musashibo Benkei series.

[​IMG]

https://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/collections/gesshin-musashibo-benkei

2. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

Hope you guys all enjoyed April Fools Day... and now back to normal

3. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Ha! You had me right up to the "official launch date". I still clicked on the link out of curiosity of what you may have had in store on the other side.

4. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Nice Jon, you had me too!

5. … and I was like
    [​IMG]