1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

in memory of 3-11

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by JBroida, Mar 12, 2014.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

In memory of 3-11...
    Today is the anniversary of the tohoku earthquake in northern Japan. Sara and I distinctly remember in 2011, hearing this in the news and immediately calling her family (who happen to live in northern Japan). Thankfully, they were just fine, but many of their friends were not. As time has gone on, this tragedy has drifted away from our news and faded into history. But we remember. Every year when we go to Japan, we still see the effects. Our friends in northern japan still struggle. The rebuilding continues, but so does the radiation.

We hope that today you will take some time to reflect on this.

-Jon and Sara

2. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Still remember watching those unbelievable pictures. Hope that people will recover eventually, although I do have major concerns reg. the radiation.

Stefan

3. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Hard to believe it's three years.

4. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Wow, it doesn't seem like that long ago,... I work at Mazda, we were very lucky with what we got out just before hand as that really effected from top to bottom all over the globe, and hurt Mazda a lot. there were some very scared customers and employees of ours who went through a lot of scary times when they were having trouble getting a hold of family in Japan