1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

I want a Deba...

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by John Fout, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Andre

Andre Founding Member

Fortunately you can get a lot of practice because fish heads are free!

2. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

Actually, the collar comes off as part of the head... if you look at the other picture i posted, you will see the head removed in picture #2 on page 150. The collar is the part of the head with the fin still attached. It is removed from the body before filleting.

3. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Don't know enough about debas to contribute anything meaningful. But I do know that the lightly fried hamachi collars I had at a local restaurant were the best pieces of fish I have ever eaten. I would love to have someone guide me through fish butchery out here, just for a tuna and a few other local ones. Looking forward to pictures of your work ;)

Stefan

4. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Tracking says it should show up tomorrow! :D

5. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Home all day. Never a knock on the door or a ring on the buzzer. Check the mailbox and have a missed delivery orange card in it. WHAT THE $#!@. Now if only the post office was open besides times I am not at work. Mother08u2134q234rwe.

Lazy pieces of 234Q%$#$@%#@#$52345 .

6. daveb

daveb Founding Member

The worlds largest welfare organization..