1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

I collect allsorts of cigarette lighters

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by roaduck, Feb 9, 2024.

1. I have been smoking since I was a teenager in the late seventies and in the last couple of years I`ve got a lot of Chinese heavy brass petrol lighters from aliexpress and alibaba and ebay plus auction sites.
    I have some unusual ones and petrol lighters that make zippos look like toys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Here`s some more - I love novelty lighters, metal pipe lighters, clippers and I put keyrings and lanyards on lighters so they don`t get lost or stolen.
    [​IMG]
    This is a 50 cal shell case butane clipper.
    [​IMG]
    Above is a budget brass Chinese petrol lighter.
    [​IMG]
    This is a metal clipper pipe lighter with side firing flame.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a novelty Chinese LED butane lighter.
    [​IMG]
    Above is a Chinese copy of a French Colibri lacquered butane gas lighter.
    [​IMG]
    A Chinese novelty butane lighter.
    [​IMG]
    A silver metal petrol clipper.
    [​IMG]
    Assorted keyring clippers and ones with lanyards.
    [​IMG]
    A brass petrol clipper.
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful Chinese glass and nickel plated heavy brass petrol lighter with transparent fuel tank.
    [​IMG]
    I even have lighters on key rings and other junk ! I don`t take the 2 cumbersome cluttered keyrings out with me - just the one with the mini knives and folding white plastic handle scissors.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
  3. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Very interesting. Not a smoker, but I do love all things metal.

4. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

5. Toothpick

6. Oh you`ve got some lovely lighters Toothpick - I`ve not had a cigar or pipe for yonks.
    I must sack the cigs - they`re bad.

I see you`ve got an Apple keyboard - they last forever.
    I have bluetooth / wifi keyboards and some IBM model M`s which are fabulous; but clicky buckling spring mechanical and noisy - worth it though - my gf can do 107 w/pm on one whereas I`m a hunt and pecker doing 30 w/pm haha !
    All the heavy cream ones need a strip down and alcohol bath.
    I have 2 ASUS ROG multiboot linux/windows/android for PC - laptops and 2 desktops - a workstation and a server with 30 hard drives on them I`m not kidding - there`s 17 on one laptop.
    I`ve been seriously into `puters since 1980.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  7. Toothpick

8. I was a journalist writing parapolitics and geopolitics and also copywriter doing Hi-fi advert campaigns Toothpick.
    That`s another career to add to phytopharmacology, herbalism and system analyst that developed from too many hobbies and reading.
    I like to have a few strings to my bow.