1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Hunting and fishing knives

Discussion in 'Brock Cutlery' started by Mark Brock, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Something I've been working on a little bit off and on for the last few months, some hunting and fishing (deba) knives of my own design.
    This is still prototype territory, but the making is interesting and pretty pleased so far with the way they are turning out.

A hunter and a deba style....
    The hunter is symmetrical hollow on flat grind, while the deba is very traditional in grind.

prototype-AAHunter1.jpg
    prototype-AAHunter6.jpg

Deba:

dp-deba2.jpeg

dp-deba1.jpeg

2. I haven't been working on too much lately, but starting to get back to it.
    This is a bird/trout / boning knife prototype I just finished up. Working on a sheath for it now.
    I'm always interested in critiques on my prototype stuff, so happy to hear your thoughts.
    Thanks for having a look.
    -Mark

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Wow.. all looks great! The grind on the deba is sweet. Congratulations.

4. Thanks Jim.

A few shots with a sheath I put together. Still learning leather-work....
    That belt loop is made after the old Herters style loop on the Canadian skinner, which I have always thought was a cool design.

B-T-1.jpg

B-T-3.jpg

B-T-4.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  5. And I can't believe I haven't finished that deba yet. It's all but done!

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. I haven't been able to do much work lately, but here are a couple I've finished recently. Made a new sheath for the boning knife to match.
    HunterBoning-pair-3.jpg HunterBoning-pair-1.jpg HunterBoning-pair-2.jpg

8. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member